Temporary Trainee

The H-3 trainee visa is available for individuals entering the U.S. for the sole purpose of receiving professional training related to their career.

Some of the main requirements that must be met in order to obtain an H-3 trainee visa are:

  • The alien must have a foreign residence to which they intend to return after their training is complete.
  • The proposed training must not be available in alien's home country;
  • The alien will not be placed in a position in which U.S. citizen workers are regularly employed;
  • There must not be productive employment unless it is necessary to the specified training and will benefit the pursuit of a career outside the U.S.
  • The overall training (productive or not) must be such that it benefits the alien in pursuing a career outside the U.S.

In addition, the length of the training program may not be longer than 2 years. Moreover, after the two years, the alien must stay outside of the U.S. for 6 months before being readmitted to the U.S. However, if the training is intermittent, seasonal, or for 6 months or less, then this foreign residency rule does not apply. A Central Florida H3 Visa attorney can assist you in providing representation in these efforts.

Request a Consultation

Get in touch and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. We look forward to hearing from you!