Specialty Worker

The H-1B Visa is a nonimmigrant temporary working visa that allows foreign-born professionals and those in specialty occupations to work in the US for up to six (6) years within their professional field. The H-1B Visa is one of the most common work-related visas; it allows US companies to bring qualified foreign professionals to perform specific jobs requiring specialized skills. The following list contains some of those considered "specialty occupations”: architects, research analysts, chemists, chiropractors, engineers, computer professionals, lawyers, doctors, nurses, computer scientists, teachers, accountants, and certain fashion models. The Specialty Visa, or H-1B, is subject to annual quotas. At NeJame Law, an experienced Orlando H-1B Visa attorney from our Firm can assist you in your efforts, whether your needs are in Central Florida, the State of Florida or throughout the United States.

H-1B Visa Requirements

  • The H-1B visa is available for occupations requiring the theoretical and practical application of specialized knowledge, usually acquired through higher education
  • Applicant for an H-1B visa must possess a minimum of a Baccalaureate Degree or its equivalent (certain work experience may qualify)
  • If you want to apply for an H-1B visa you must be the recipient of a job offer from a US company
  • The employment is "employer specific," but may be able to work for more than one employer
  • Employment cannot start until the H-1B visa holder enters the US.
  • Employers must have a labor condition attestation on file with the U.S. Department of Labor before they can sponsor for an H-1B visa

H-1B Visa holder's Privileges

  • If you have an H-1B visa you may legally work in the US
  • H-1B visa holders may bring his/her spouse and dependents less than twenty-one years of age to the US on H-4 visa
  • Dependents with the H-4 visa can attend US schools, colleges and universities, but cannot work
  • H1-B visa holders may travel in and out of the U.S.
  • May change employer without losing status (if approved by DHS/CIS)
  • May apply for permanent residence without losing H-1B status

Request a Consultation

Get in touch and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. We look forward to hearing from you!